This site dedicated to the promotion of Pittsburgh's Cultural District and its member companies: August Wilson Center, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, Pittsburgh CLO, The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Public Theater, and Pittsburgh Symphony.
Your privacy is important to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION THAT IS GATHERED AND TRACKED
We gather two types of information about users:
1. Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to receive electronic newsletters, to submit questions and comments, to share information with a friend, and participation in polls, surveys, and ticket purchases.
2. Information gathered through aggregated tracking information derived page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor content to readers' interests and to determine traffic through our site.
We offer the following free services, which require voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters: We offer free electronic newsletters. CulturalDistrict.org gathers email addresses and additional optional information of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from email distribution by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
2. "Email a friend" and other social media services: Users can choose to forward site information to someone else. To do so, the user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission and to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
3. Polling/Blogging: We may offer interactive polls and other feedback methods to users so they can easily share their opinions. Opinions and other responses are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user unless the user wishes to be associated with their submission.
4. Surveys: CulturalDistrict.org may conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We may share audience feedback and aggregated demographic information with our sponsors, future advertisers and partners. We do not share information about specific individuals with any third party.
You may purchase tickets and remain anonymous if you choose to pay by cash in person at our Box Office.
Consistent with federal law, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
CulturalDistrict.org operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers. Although we use security that we believe to be appropriate to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee that our security precautions will protect against, and we expressly disclaim any liability for, any loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
Occasionally, CulturalDistrict.org will provide special offers and promotions for non-profit and entertainment organizations to audience members and those that have signed up to receive cultural information. We do not release telephone numbers but may utilize phone blasting technology to inform audience members of vital customer service information such as program changes, weather cancellations, travel advisories, and other event-related news.
If you have any questions about this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Cultural District Website
c/o The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
803 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Box Office: 412-456-6666